It might not be a common issue for everyone, but I was travelling a lot in my life, and at some point when I was in New Zealand – I happened to create an Azure account to use with my MSDN offer, and it was created in NZD. It was fine until I moved to Ireland, and now, to keep the books tidy, I wanted to change my currency to EUR.
Microsoft docos and support stand firm that this is not possible to change your billing profile residency. However, looking under the hood, it appears to be possible with some digging in and PowerShell magic.
Once I was working on migrating Azure AD Connect from one server to another. After the migration, no matter that the account had rights on the SDadmin folder, some accounts failed to be updated with an insufficient rights error.
After some digging, I found that some accounts historically have adminCount set to 1 and inheritance turned off, so to fix that, I used the following script below:
By the standard way of imputing the new key into the activation form, you’ll get an error that this edition could not be upgraded. However, the MS guide stands for if you’d like to activate your Azure configuration server you’d need to do that through DISM: