It might not be a common issue for everyone, but I was travelling a lot in my life, and at some point when I was in New Zealand – I happened to create an Azure account to use with my MSDN offer, and it was created in NZD. It was fine until I moved to Ireland, and now, to keep the books tidy, I wanted to change my currency to EUR.
Microsoft docos and support stand firm that this is not possible to change your billing profile residency. However, looking under the hood, it appears to be possible with some digging in and PowerShell magic.
Once I was working on migrating Azure AD Connect from one server to another. After the migration, no matter that the account had rights on the SDadmin folder, some accounts failed to be updated with an insufficient rights error.
After some digging, I found that some accounts historically have adminCount set to 1 and inheritance turned off, so to fix that, I used the following script below:
I was set up high availability for brokers with 2019 windows server and faced this error:
Could not create the database <DatabaseName>. Please check that the broker server has access to the SQL server, the path for -DatabaseFilePath parameter exists and contains the SQL Server database file, the connection to SQL database is correct and SQL database is online. See the SQL Server and broker event log for more details.
At some point, I had to remote on one of the ancient IBM Remote Supervisor Adapter II consoles, and it turned out that it was not updated since 2009. It was running an ancient version of Java KVM, so I had to do some magic to make it work due to the java security permissions.
For me, it was an error about a weak signature algorithm MD5withRSA.
To make our on-prem One Time Secret service to work properly, without expiritng urls I implemented the following on the nginx daemon to filter out link previews request. Guess the same could be done on any HTTP service.